W22 TEFC NEMA Premium Efficiency
ToolsData Sheets and Drawings
Description High performance with maximum energy efficiency is the goal of the new WEG electric motor. High efficiency and Low cost of Ownership throughout the entire motor lifetime have been the basis for the W22 development. A design created to maximize performance and energy savings. New Cooling System Redesigned to provide improved air flow through all motor frames keeping low operational temperatures and assuring reliability and extended lifetime. The aerodynamic design of the fan cover increases effective airflow, thus minimizing losses due to the recirculation of air between fan and fan cover. The fan was designed to provide strength and reduced noise level. Motor terminal box and eyebolts were repositioned on larger frames to allow better airflow. The new W22 cooling system also contributes to:
- Cooler bearing temperature extending relubrication intervals.
- Lower Noise Level fulfilling the most demanding Health & Safety regulations.
- Lower Overall Operational Temperature resulting in longer life.
- Increased internal space making connections more accessible to the user resulting in an easier cable handling and connection.
- Terminal box can be mounted on top, left or right site of the motor using the same frame on the 447T and larger motors. Top mounting is optional on smaller frames.
Exclusive Bearing Sealing System
- extends motor lifetime when operating in aggressive environments by protecting the motor against water and dust guaranteeing proper degree of protection.
Frame Motor feet are solid providing a more resistant structure against vibration. The frame design has points that can be used as provisions for vibration sensors as a standard feature. Benefits from the new frame design:
- Motor temperature reduction;
- Eyebolts repositioned - easier handling in the application;
- Provision for vibration sensors - frame and endshields with provisions 90° displaced according to maintenance technical recommendations. Easier and more reliable vibration analysis.
- Solid feet - Enhanced reliability when operating on high vibration applications and also provide easier alignment on installation.
- Efficiency Certification number EEV 78282 according to National Resources Canada (NRCan) - CSA C390
- Efficiency Certification number CC029A according to US Department of Energy Regulations
- Three-phase, 2, 4, 6 and 8 pole, 60 & 50Hz
- Voltage: 208-230/460V, 575V
- Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled - TEFC (IP55) waterproof as per NEMA MG1 1.26.6 “Waterproof Machine”
- Squirrel cage rotor / Aluminum die cast
- WSeal® (double lipped V’Ring with a metallic cap) sealing on both endshields from frame 143T up to 504/5T (586/7 and 588/9T frames fitted with Taconite Labyrinth as standard)
- Ball bearings
- 1045 heat treated and stress relieved carbon steel shaft up to frame 364/5T
- 4140 for 404/5T shaft upwards in 4, 6 and 8 pole motors)
- Class “F” (DT 80K) insulation for all frames
- CFRI Continuous Flow Resin Impregnation Insulation system with class “H” resin
- Temperature rise limited to Class “B” (80K)
- NEMA design “B”
- Service Factor:
- 1.25 up to 100HP
- 1.15 from 125HP and up
- Continuous duty (S1)
- 104ºF (40ºC) ambient temperature
- Altitude: 3300 ft (1000m)
- NPT threaded conduit hole
- Double Gasketed terminal box
- Re-configurable Terminal Box for frames 445/7T and up
- Stainless steel nameplate AISI 316 with laser etching
- Paint: Synthetic enamel alkyd resin base (240 hours minimum ASTM B117 salt spray test)
- Paint Plan:
- 207A - Frames 143T to 215T
- 203A - Frames 254T to 588/9T
- Color: RAL 5009 - Blue
- Fitted with closed rubber drain plug
- Frames 254T and up have regreasable bearings with grease fittings in DE and NDE bearings
- NEMA MG1 Part 31 rating for use with VFD
- Special voltages
- Special shafts
- Space heaters (standard on 586/7 and 588/9T frames)
- Labyrinth tachonite seal available for all ratings
- Thermostats, Thermistors, RTD’s (PT100)
- Additional terminal box
- Drip cover (canopy) for shaft down applications
- Cable glands
- C Face and NEMA D flanges for all ratings
- Roller bearings available
- Special epoxy painting
- Inverter Duty Certified for 20:1 CT & 1000:1 VT
- Inverter Duty Certified for 1000:1 CT with a WEG VFD running in Optimized Flux mode
- Inverter Duty CSA certified for Division 2, Class I, Groups A, B, C & D and Division 2, Class II, Group F & G
- Conveyor belts
- Centrifugal machines
- Packaging equipment
- Grinders and others